The App provides a technology platform that allows non-profit community-based organizations (“Community-Based Organizations”) providing educational, economic development or other related programs to individuals in the community, to invite their members to join the App under their account, to help connect them to job opportunities (“Job Seeker”) from employers approved by the Community-Based Organization (“Employers”).
In addition, we do not control the actions of anyone with whom you may choose to share information in the course of searching for candidates, posting or applying for jobs on the App, and we cannot and do not guarantee that any information you share will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. You should therefore be cautious about the information you choose to share when searching for candidates, posting or applying for jobs on the App.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
The Personal Information we collect and how we use it depends on the context of your interactions with us. As explained below, we collect Personal Information when you provide it directly to us and when we receive it from third parties. We also collect certain information automatically when you interact with the App.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US
The App may permit you to directly provide us with contact information, such as your full name and email address, and other information about you. This includes the following:
- Contact information like name, street address, phone number, and email address.
- If you are a Job Seeker, your resume including job experience, and the information you use to create a profile for job opportunities on the App.
- Communication Information, including the content of communications you send and receive through the App, such as messages, or your communications to or from W-APPS.
- Information you provide when you contact W-APPS.
- Credit card number or billing information from those Employers or others using the App on a paid basis.
- Your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it. Some employers are required by law to collect this information on a voluntary basis.
- Information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you interact with the App, certain information about your use of the App is automatically collected. This may include:
- Details of your visits to the App and information generated in the course of using the App (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Details regarding the device you use to interact with the App, such as its location (city, state), operating system, browser type, and your internet service provider.
- Information about how you interact with our publications, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
In some cases, we receive Personal information from third parties. For instance, your Community-Based Organization may provide us your name, telephone number, and email address, so that you can register for an account on the App.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the Personal Information that we collect or receive through the App for the following purposes:
- To operate and make available the App, including to provide you support;
- To enable you to receive job opportunities from Employers selected by your Community-Based Organization and to help potential employers find your resume and contact you;
- To enable you to post or apply for jobs;
- To contact you with notices and communications relevant to your use of the App;
- To respond to your inquiries or requests for information;
- To process your payments (including through third-party payment processors);
- To store information about your preferences and customize your experience on the App;
- To analyze usage trends and patterns and measure the effectiveness of the App;
- To promote our products and services, including by sending you marketing communications about our products and services, special offers, and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- To administer, evaluate, and improve our business and the App (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including due diligence and contracting activities);
- To secure the App, including by protecting against and responding to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of the App), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing our customer agreements and Terms of Service;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding;
- To demonstrate and verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations; and
- For any other purpose that you may authorize or direct at the time we collect your Personal Information.
HOW WE USE COOKIE AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Otherwise, most browsers will allow a visitor to choose which cookies can be placed on their computer and to delete or disable cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent a visitor from using certain features on the App.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share your Personal Information with other parties that may include the following:
- Your Community-Based Organization helping you with your job search;
- Employers approved by your Community-Based Organization.
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as website, software, text platform; data hosting; database management; marketing automation; providers of analytics services; and payment processing.
- Where you choose to interact with the App, we partner with third-party cookie providers to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the App. To learn more, please see “How We Use Cookie and other Tracking Technologies” above, or visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Other third parties as necessary to (a) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property; (b) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of the App, our organization, or members of the public; (c) protect against fraud, and (d) investigate and prosecute users who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property.
- A buyer or other successor or organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- Such other parties, or for such other purposes, as you may authorize or direct when we collect your Personal Information.
You can always choose whether or not to provide information to the App. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to establish an account on the App, which may limit your access to certain functions of the App.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse the App without registering or directly submitting any information to us (although we may still collect some limited information automatically, as described above);
- You may opt-out of receiving our messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message;
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. The App does not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause the App not to work as intended and some features may not be available; and
- You may email us to make a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
OUR GLOBAL PRACTICES
We may process and store your Personal Information in the United States and in any other country where we or our or service providers operate. By your use of the App you acknowledge that we will maintain your Personal Information in jurisdictions which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and that your Personal Information may become accessible as permitted by law in those jurisdictions, including to law enforcement or national security authorities.
The App is not intended for children. We do not intentionally collect any personal data from children under the age of 18, and will dispose of any such information if we become aware that it has been provided to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Postal Mail: 8601 Six Forks Road, Suite 400
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
Effective Date: 4/8/2022
Last Updated: 4/8/2022