Updated: July 10th, 2023
We may occasionally update this policy so make sure to check back from time to time. Any updates will be posted on this webpage.
1. What is Personal Information?
When we refer to “Personal Information” in this Policy, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being linked to a specific person. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available through government records or information that has been anonymized (“Anonymized Data”) so that it cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Information to facilitate purchases, provide the Sites, and conduct our business operations.
Depending on how you use the Sites, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers: Identifying and contact information such as name, zip code, telephone number, email address, internet protocol address (“IP Address”), unique personal device identifier, online identifier like a cookie ID, browser types, your internet service provider, operating systems, date and time you visited the Sites.
- Commercial Information: Content of texts or emails you send to us, pages you click-on on the Sites, and the amount of time spent on the Sites.
- Internet Activity: Internet or other electronic network activity information including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Sites or an advertisement posted on the Sites.
- Geolocation Data: Imprecise location information, like the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address.
- Employment Information: Professional or employment-related information, including information you provide when uploading a resume to the Sites.
- User Generated Information – Blog posts, feedback, comments, photos, videos, messages, social media, and other user generated content.
- Other information you provide to us.
How do we collect Personal Information?
A large portion of the Personal Information we collect is collected directly from you. In some cases, we may collect Personal Information from other sources as described in this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect Directly from You?
You may provide your Personal Information to us when you access, use, or otherwise interact with the Sites, including methods described below.
- Online Accounts. When you or someone on your behalf creates a WorkerSpring account for you.
- Employment Information. When you or someone on your behalf inputs or uploads your employment information and history to the Sites.
- Communications. When you communicate with us, including by e-mail, regular mail, our webform, texting or phone.
- Offers and Promotions. When you sign up for previews, offers, discounts, promotions, and other electronic communications regarding our products.
- Site Visits. When you visit and use our Sites.
- Newsletters. When you sign up to receive our newsletters and other informational materials.
- Ratings and Feedback. When you provide ratings and feedback regarding our products or the Sites.
What Information Do We Collect from You Automatically?
Using technology, we may automatically collect certain information about your use of the Sites and your device (collectively, “Analytic Data”). We will treat linked Analytic Data that includes Personal Information as Personal Information as described in this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You from Third Parties?
We obtain data from several types of third parties. We may combine that data with Personal Information or other data we collect. This enhances our existing data about our users, improves our ability to contact you, and enhances our marketing capabilities.
Other Users. We may collect Personal Data about you from Community Organizations, Employers, or other WorkerSpring users that you are affiliated with or interact with on the Sites.
Service Providers. We may use third parties or service providers to deliver marketing communications to you. To learn how to opt-out from marketing messages, see Section 6 below.
Analytics Providers. We may use third parties or service providers to help us understand the Sites’ demographics, user experiences, and to evaluate the Sites’ operations.
3. How Do We Use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to operate and improve and conduct the Sites, including:
- Servicing Your Account with Us. We may use Personal Information to register and service your account with us.
- Customer Service and Customer Communications. We may use Personal Information for (1) sending you emails to provide you with alerts and updates about your engagement with the Sites; (2) sending your job applications to employers with available job opportunities on the Sites; (3) sending you and your community organization updates about your job applications; (4) those purposes in which you authorize or instruct us to use your Personal Data.
- Providing Requested Sites. We may use Personal Information to complete any of your job applications, fulfill your requests to join community networks, or other services you request.
- Perform Analytics. We may use Personal Information to (1) improve the content on the Sites; (2) enhance users’ experience when visiting our Sites; (3) customize the content and/or layout of the pages on our Sites; (4) administer the Sites; (5) generate statistical information; (6) monitor and analyze Sites traffic and usage patterns; and (7) prevent fraud, to investigate complaints and violations of our policies.
- Manage the Sites. We may use Personal Information to (1) operate and troubleshoot problems with the Sites; (2) improve the content and functionality of the Sites; (3) improve your experience when you visit the Sites or place an order from the Sites; (4) conduct statistical and other analyses of the Sites; (5) customize the Sites to you and our users; (6) develop and improve the content, materials, products, and services that we make available through the Sites; (7) evaluate user needs and improve your browsing experience; and (8) notify you of new features of our Sites.
- Improving our Products and Sites. To help us choose what products and services we offer, to offer you new products and services, and to improve our products and services.
- Business Purposes. We may use Personal Information for business purposes including but not limited to: (1) carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, without limitation, any contracts between you and us; (2) operating and improving our products and services; (3) conducting statistical or demographic analysis; (4) customizing your experience with our Sites; (5) preventing fraud; and (6) other business purposes permitted under applicable law.
- Law Enforcement/Legal Purposes. We may use Personal Information to cooperate with law enforcement or other legal purposes including: (1) complying with legal and regulatory requirements; (2) satisfying contractual obligations; (3) cooperating with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, public safety or matters of public importance when we are legally required to do so or believe that disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest; (4) protecting and defending against legal actions or claims.
4. With Whom Do We Share Personal Information?
To operate our business, we may share Personal Information with third parties, including:
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information in connection with the services our service providers provide to us, including, without limitation, data hosting, payment processing and fraud protection and prevention. We require these Service Providers to exercise reasonable care to protect your Personal Information and restrict their use of your Personal Information to the purposes for which we provided it to them.
- Other Users. We share your Personal Information with other users on the Sites at your direction, such as Community Organizations you are affiliated with or Employers when you apply for their open positions listed on the Sites.
- Government and Law Enforcement. We may share your Personal Data with individuals or private parties where necessary to comply with the law or valid legal request, to protect our legal rights, for the safety of the public or any person, to protect the security and integrity of the Sites and any equipment used to make the Sites available.
- Any other third party to whom you consent and/or instruct us to provide your Personal Information.
5. How do we use Anonymized Data?
We may use Personal Information to create anonymous aggregate data on users of our Sites, which describes users as a group but does not reveal the identity of individual users. We may use Anonymized Data to understand users’ needs, to determine user demographics and usage patterns, to determine what kinds of products and services we can provide, and to improve and enrich our products and services and the Sites. We may disclose Anonymized Data for any lawful purposes, which may include, without limitation, purposes not subject to this Policy.
You can learn more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been uploaded to your device and how to manage and delete them, by visiting https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
What analytics Sites do we use?
The Sites use third-party analytics tools, including those listed below.
How can you opt out of our marketing communications?
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the communications or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your unsubscribe request will be processed promptly, though this process may take several days. During that processing period, you may receive additional communications from us.
Please note, opting out of these communications will only apply to marketing and informational communications and will not apply to communications we send to you about your account with us.
If you want to change your contact information you can do so through your account settings or you can contact us through any method listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
How can you delete your WorkerSpring account?
You can delete your user account by contacting us through email@example.com. Please note that if you choose to use WorkerSpring in the future, you will need to create a new account.
7. Protecting Your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Information we collect and use in connection with the Sites. Nevertheless, when disclosing Personal Information, you should remain mindful that there is an inherent risk in the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms. Although we take precautions to protect against the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, including your Personal Information, that you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
8. What if I access WorkerSpring from outside the U.S.?
If you access the Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. Certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of Personal Information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the in other jurisdictions.
9. Third Party Websites
10. Social Media
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not direct or target any piece of the Sites to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Data of anyone under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian of someone under the age of 13 and discover that your child has submitted Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
12. Contact Us
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us using the information below with any questions or feedback you have pertaining to our privacy practices.
1000 Centregreen Way, Ste. 300
Cary, North Carolina 27513